EQM | Cloud Migration
Our working method means that we can always offer high added value
Why migrate to the cloud?
In just one year, the number of companies choosing an ERP implementation in the cloud has tripled, along with a 78% reduction in on-premises ERP solutions.
Companies using on-premises solutions are stuck trying to fix problems from the past. However, when you upgrade your company's ERP system to the cloud, you're setting your business up for future success.
AX to Dynamics 365 migration program
Take the first step to success in the cloud by migrating your Dynamics AX (Axapta) solution to Dynamics 365 with the help of experts from EQM and Microsoft
Due to the Microsoft product policy, support periods for all versions of Dynamics AX are coming to an end. Microsoft and EQM, as a key partner in the implementation and optimisation of Microsoft business solutions, are offering the Dynamics 365 Migration Program.
If your company has any of the Dynamics AX versions and you want to evaluate a possible migration to Dynamics 365, EQM can help you out.
Why Microsoft and EQM?
Any software (whether for business management, CRM, the system, or BI) evolves day by day, offering more compatible, more comprehensive versions with better functionality and better integration.
For more than a decade, Microsoft and EQM, as an expert partner in the implementation and optimisation of Microsoft business solutions, have acted as agents for this change.
This is how the cloud-based Dynamics 365 platform from Microsoft and EQM can help you
Lower setup and implementation costs
Lower total cost of ownership is the top reason why companies switch to a cloud-based ERP solution.
Support business growth without costly IT infrastructure changes, including the ability to quickly activate and implement new users.
- On-premises:implementation typically requires a significant investment in hardware and personnel.
- Cloud-based:off-site hosting and provider expertise eliminate the need for additional hardware or personnel.
Flexible data storage
Enhance IT productivity by reducing the complexity associated with managing hardware and software, as well as providing technical support. Eliminate time-consuming software maintenance tasks such as backups, updates, and patches, and free up IT staff to focus on strategic planning and other top-priority issues.
- On-premises:additional hardware needs to be purchased when local servers reach full capacity.
- Cloud-based:storage can be rapidly scaled up and down as required.
Simplified upgrades and innovations
Businesses using an upgraded ERP or CRM Business Management system are 50% more likely to have business intelligence and analytics.
Give your team the tools and information they need to compete, succeed, and achieve excellence with innovations like artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics.
- On-premises:local upgrades are a very labour-intensive process that calls for qualified personnel.
- Cloud-based:cloud-based updates are sourced from the provider and approved locally to protect customisations.
Would you like to learn more about how EQM can help you in the migration of your company's software?
Contact us and one of our product experts will assist you personally..
Easier data backup and restore
Almost a third of companies that are switching to a cloud ERP/CRM Business Management solution are doing so to reduce their dependence on internal IT equipment.
- On-premises:the complex data backup process typically requires a maintenance plan in SQL Server, in addition to other products or services.
- Cloud-based:cloud-based system backups are performed daily and are available to users, with the ability to create user-specific backups.
Greater security and scalability
The ability to protect in-house information is one of the top five reasons why companies switch to a cloud-based ERP or CRM solution.
Manage your business with peace of mind knowing that confidential business information is stored in state-of-the-art and highly secure data centres that are owned and managed by Microsoft. The data is there when you need it thanks to a service level agreement (SLA) with 99.9% uptime.
- On-premises:environments tend to be less secure, requiring expensive additional monitoring and a dedicated IT administrator.
- Cloud-based:Microsoft-managed and operated cloud-based data centres are secure, certified, and meet international standards.
More than 25% of companies that opt for an ERP or CRM management solution in the cloud are looking to improve flexibility and functionality.
Improve teamwork and boost productivity by accessing information wherever you are, at any time and on any device. Allow WFH employees to share information in real time, thereby fostering and contributing to easier and more efficient collaboration.
- On-premises:an Active Directory authentication process makes it difficult to access an on-premises implementation remotely.
- Cloud-based: a separate authentication process means that Dynamics 365 can be accessed remotely and on any device.
Gather all your data
Half of all companies that choose ERP or CRM providers say their old platform had overly restricted functionality.
Traditionally, customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) data were kept separate.
Dynamics 365 lets you connect this data to get a holistic view of your business and access the data from solutions you already know, such as Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Power BI.
What's more, if your company has particular needs, at EQM we can help you develop applications with Microsoft Power Platform to customise and subsequently expand them.
- On-premises:on-premises solutions are more difficult to integrate with other applications.
- Cloud-based:Dynamics 365 Common Data Service helps create new data models and applications with connected data.